Mukhrani Estate (Region of Shida Kartli)
Mukhrani Estate (Georg. შატო მუხრანი). The estate of Ivane Bagration-Mukhransky is located near Mtskheta, in the village of Mukhrani. The founder of “Chateau Mukhrani” was a prominent political figure in Georgia at the end of the 19th century. In 1873, the prince began the construction of his famous palace. For twelve years, French architects built the first Georgian chateau. In 1885, the palace appeared before visitors in all its grandeur. The estate immediately became the cultural center of the Georgian elite. Among the Georgian aristocracy, he became famous for his unprecedented luxury.
In front of the palace, on an area of five hectares, Ivane Bagration-Mukhransky, with the help of foreign specialists, laid out a magnificent garden, in the depths of which the prince built a fountain. Sparkling Mukhranian wine poured out of it instead of water. The Bagrationov Palace has been completely restored, the facade of the building has been restored to its original appearance. Repair work to restore the interior of the building will soon be completed. Interior design and furniture will fully recreate the atmosphere of the palace of the times of Ivane Bagration-Mukhransky.